We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! If you found this review interesting or have further questions or comments please contact us. A lot of players love the hefty feel of the Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph … It allowed me to simply focus on timing more than anything. The Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph (RF97A) is Roger Federer’s racquet of choice (his face is on the beam even!) Click the button below or email feedbacktw@tennis-warehouse.com to contribute your experiences with this product. Get the best deals for wilson pro staff 97 at eBay.com. ", "I took the Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph out for a month-long playtest to really get a good idea of what the racquet had to offer," began Hayden, also hailing from Tennis Only in Australia. Actual sales may not have occurred at this price. Get the best deals for wilson pro staff 97 rf autograph at eBay.com. I found that my slice backhand in particular benefited from the added heft of the racquet. "And I noticed that my second serves weren't sitting up on the other side of the net at all, which was a big positive as well. For this playtest our team strung the racquet with Federer's favorite string, Wilson's Champion's Choice, as well as a full bed of poly. My arm got tired, but I guess this is because I am not in adequate shape. ", Hayden - "The Pro Staff RF97 is a fantastic racquet for slice backhands. Copyright © Tennis Warehouse. He explained, "I prefer a little more access to free power on my first serve. "The heavier weight of the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph allowed me to block back some fast serves without any stability issues. ", Zeljko - "I would compare the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph to a Yonex VCORE Pro 97 (330), which I also tested. Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph Tennis Racquet-4 1/8. Body serves continued to be downright dangerous. This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. On fast reflex volleys, it was a little challenging at times to snap the racquet into position. You need to be in very good shape to be able to hit with this racquet for more than one set. If I had to find something, it would be that one of the hitters we used was slightly out of spec, but this can happen with any racquet we playtest, which is why we have a racquet matching service to help players order identically spec'd racquets. I'm used to a little more maneuverability, especially for quick reflex volleys. This RF 97 rewards players who can handle a heavy player's racquet with a blend of power and control, rock-solid stability and superb feel. See the seller's listing for full details. She currently plays with the Wilson Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph. 3 product ratings - Wilson - WRT74171U - Pro Staff RF97 Autograph … This is something that normally only happens on my forehand side! As I mentioned in previous reviews of this racquet, it felt rock solid against heavy hitters like Michelle, who in my opinion hits with a pro tour level of pace. ", Once again, the rock-solid stability of the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph worked wonders for our team when returning. Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard. 2 product ratings. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! The MRP for the new Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph is $249.00 (US). The latest update to the iconic Wilson Pro Staff RF Autograph 97. Against bigger serves I found myself hitting the ball late at times on both my topspin forehand and backhand returns. The Pro Staff RF97 Autograph has all the ingredients to be a serious weapon in the right hands. The specifications of Federer’s signature Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph remain completely intact. By the end of this playtest everyone was happy to report that this racquet remains one the best options available for advanced, big-swinging players. When my opponents placed the ball in my strike zone I loved taking a big rip and sending it blazing back. The 2018 RF97 Autograph deploys Wilson’s timeless Pro Staff formula, including a braided graphite layup, headlight balance, thin beam and Perimeter Weighting System. It was easy to generate a lot of racquet head speed, and I was impressed with how fast and accurately I could serve even though the racquet was on the heavier side. Select PayPal Credit at checkout to have the option to pay over time. Just sticking my racquet up allowed me to hit a shot that was effective enough to keep me in the point. ", "I had the most success when hitting flatter groundstrokes off both wings," said Peter, who also works at Tennis Warehouse Europe. ", Hayden agreed, though he was left wishing for just a bit more maneuverability. This is quite remarkable … He said, "Strung with Champion's Choice, the RF97 played with more power and had great touch and feel. This racquet doesn't have quite the same level of feel as some thinner beam frames, such as the Dunlop Srixon Revo CX 2.0 Tour 18x20 and the Volkl V-Sense 10 Tour. ", Picking up the Pro Staff RF97 again reminded fellow American playtester Troy why he loves hefty player's racquets. Honestly, if you have the right mechanics and the strength to swing this racquet, I have no doubt that you'll find a lot of success with the RF97 on returns. The Pro Staff RF97 Autograph continues to reward all areas of my game and gives me an edge when I walk on the court. Brand New. All content copyright 2018 Tennis Warehouse. ... New Listing WILSON PRO STAFF RF97 AUTO AUTOGRAPH ROGER FEDERER TENNIS RACQUET NEW 4 3/8 V13. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within 6 months. He explained, "I could generate good stick on my shots with the flick of a wrist. ", Troy - "The Pro Staff RF97 can feel a bit unwieldy when hitting groundstrokes on the run and on kick serves. It is unbeatable in terms of style, but it also plays really well. Please enter a number less than or equal to 0. ", Michelle - "Nothing has changed in terms of specs here, so I'm probably sounding like a bit of a broken record. I found enough feel for the ball that I could create sharp angles and drop the ball right over the net. It delivers an unmatched combination of precision, … Our team decided … He currently plays with the Babolat Pure Control. He said, "Even though the racquet is on the heavier side for me, I still found the maneuverability to be pretty good. I have had the fortune to test a lighter Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph from the German customization company Ring&Roll. I really liked the control and stability the RF97 Autograph offered off both wings on my groundstrokes. I really enjoyed attacking second serves since I felt so accurate on my returns. This is my favorite racquet to hit volleys with; it stands its ground against the hardest of hitters. "Up at net, I found that the racquet did the talking," started Marco. This is a racquet that offers a great balance of power and control. The racquet provided excellent plow through, which translated to easy depth. ", Marco particularly enjoyed slicing his returns with this racquet. Other offers may also be available. ", Marco - "I love the plow through and the superb feel on slices. "As long as I got the racquet into position the ball would stick through the court. International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. "The RF97's ability to deflect the ball with such ease, no matter how fast it's coming, makes it a gem on volleys. At times I struggled to put topspin on the ball, especially when returning lower balls from my opponent, but that was never too big of an issue. Engineered for one of the greatest players of all time, the Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph 2018 plays just like the previous two versions, but has been dressed up with a tuxedo cosmetic. ", (Scores are determined by averaging individual play test scores). The Pro Staff RF97 Autograph worked well with poly strings, but I thought it paired best with Champion's Choice, as it offered an excellent, plush feel. He said, "I was able to tap into the power potential on first serves, but I had to make sure I was making contact in the sweetspot. Review date: August 2018. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The stability and plow through of the racket really helped my backhand out. While the Yonex was easier to maneuver, I was able to generate more power with the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph. For Hayden, the racquet offered more control than power on his serve. As with the previous cosmetics, this racquet epitomizes what we like to refer to as 'plow through.' ", Peter - "Despite its heavier weight, the Pro Staff RF97 had relatively easy handling from the baseline and net. ", With a challenging weight and swingweight, the majority of our team found the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph a bit tough to serve with. The Prince racquet has a flexier feel and tighter string pattern, but it allows big hitters to hit out with power and control. Maneuverability was a bit of a struggle at times, but it was still great for a racquet of its weight. Troy was able to take a compact swing and achieve easy depth on his returns, which allowed him to put pressure on his opponents. ", "As I've said many times, I love to attack returns, and this racquet has the perfect blend of controllable power to allow me to be effective doing so," said Michelle. However, he added, "I needed to pay attention to my technique in order to maintain control of my volleys. When I was able to fully accelerate through my first serve I could do a lot of damage with the RF97. "I currently play with the Babolat Pure Drive Plus, so this is a little bit different than what I'm used to. ", Michelle - "Since the last time we reviewed this frame there have been a couple new racquets that have popped up and fit in a category with the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph. He said, "I felt as though the racquet did a lot of the work for me, which was nice. The level of control, stability and plow through the RF97 supplies is somewhat unique. Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. Our team decided this would be the perfect opportunity to expand the playtest to Europe and Australia to get a global perspective on this surgical weapon. Marco: Open level lefty aggressive baseliner with a semi-western forehand and a one-handed backhand. Something went wrong. ", When Tennis Warehouse Europe's Zeljko had enough time to get the racquet into position on his groundstrokes, it offered great stability and power on his full swings. Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Co-designed by Roger Federer, this Wilson 2018 Pro Staff Autograph racquet features a new black & white design. Visit Other Sports Warehouse Websites Tennis Warehouse Europe  •  Tennis Only (Australia)  •  Running Warehouse  •  Running Warehouse Europe  •  Running Warehouse Australia  •  Skate Warehouse  •  Tackle WarehouseInline Warehouse  •  Ice Warehouse  •  Derby Warehouse  •  Racquetball Warehouse  •  Riding Warehouse  •  Total Pickleball, We use cookies to make our website and your shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly. The Yonex VCORE Pro 97 (330) would be another racquet to look at. ", Marco - "This racquet is a tad heavy for me, especially once I hit that 1.5- to 2-hour mark of a session. ", Hayden - "Compared to my racquet of choice, the Babolat Pure Drive Plus, the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph offered better control and stability, and a more responsive feel. He said, "I had extra pop and kick on my first serves. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. Peter: Open level aggressive baseliner. Due to the extra weight, I was forced to keep my hands out in front to avoid hitting the ball late. Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph Black Racquet Customer feedback. ", On the other hand, Peter struggled a bit with maneuverability on his returns. This wasn’t the case with the Pro Staff RF 97though, as we got the take first time. Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph Black/White (1/4) U $149.00 Updated for 2018, this racquet was designed with the help of a legend, Roger Federer. NEW: Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Roger Federer Autograph Tennis Racquet v12.0, 4 3/8". ", Hayden also appreciated the Pro Staff RF97's stability on returns. I really liked this racquet when I approached the net, as the stability made putting the volleys away deep in the court so easy. If you stay on this website, you agree to the use of cookies. With the 2018 Laver Cup done and dusted for another year you'll no doubt have seen Roger sporting his limited edition all red Pro Staff RF97 design for this year's event. This racquet was always stable and effective when I was crushing volleys aggressively, but also when I was pulled wide and just sticking my racquet out to make something happen. Once I was dialed in the ball was jumping off the racquet with easy power. From the beginning of the playtest, I was able to hit my groundstrokes deep in the court, and I surprisingly didn't have any issues with maneuverability. I can boldly say this is the best racquet I have ever used for slices. and one of Wilson’s biggest bestsellers of all time. ", Zeljko - "In my opinion, the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph looks really cool with a white grip and a not-too-fancy string color. "The RF97 allows me to tap into extra power potential that I don't often find in other racquets," said Michelle. Brand New. 7/20/2018 4.0 player in CA. I continue to feel that this racquet offers me the perfect combination of power, control, feel and plow through. The RF97 Autograph of 2018 deploys the timeless Pro Staff formula of Wilson and also includes headlight balance, a braided graphite layup, Perimeter Weighting System, and a thin beam. {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. It took some extra effort on the swing to generate the racquet head speed needed for an offensive first serve. ... WRT74171U - Pro Staff RF97 Autograph Tennis Racquet 2018 - Unstrung. Here is my review. She said, "While this update was purely cosmetic, I was still excited to playtest it! … Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Your California Privacy Rights | Accessibility*Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. The ball jumped off this racquet with easy depth and pace. Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph 2018 Global Tennis Racquet Review - Duration: 8:55. We started off with my worst stroke, the backhand! Starting off with the playtester who has called the RF97 her racquet of choice for some time, US tester Michelle was happy to spend some dedicated time with the 2018 Autograph. 5.0 out of 5 stars. Toss in a thin leather grip and … Although not … When I wasn't trying to blast a first serve for an ace, this racquet allowed me to place the ball throughout the service box with plenty of accuracy.

wilson pro staff rf97 autograph 2018

30 Oscillating Wall Mount Fans, Cheap Villas For Sale In Dubai, Chunky Chicken Wakefield Phone Number, Fox's Biscuits Cookies, Az-203/204 - Developing Solutions For Azure - Updated 2020, Samsung Nx30 Price, Buying Property In Valencia,