In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. When it comes to weight and bulk the Pentax is also the winner. It can be had at a relatively low cost while boasting great features with an excellent lens lineup, making this … The 645NII takes interchangeable film inserts that make reloading at the end of a roll a matter of just a few seconds. While mirror vibration and shutter bounce are a way of life with the Pentax 67, the Pentax 645 (all versions) has anextremelysmooth and gentle mirror action and shutter. Frankly, unless ones shooting habits involve constantly switching film types, this isn’t that critical. Pentax 645 / D-FA 3. razor sharp, they re great for portraiture or street photography if you can handle the weight, all day. You will be initially surprised at how, even though the Pentax produces a transparency 2.5X larger than that from 35mm, the camera itself is only slightly deeper, yet is narrower and not as tall as most pro 35mm SLRs. One of the most brilliant features is that virtually all shooting data can be recorded on the edge of the film. If I had a Bronica, I would love it, too (I love all my cameras), but the experience I can share is with the 645N. The PENTAX 645 lenses, the compilation of optical technologies. Simply pull back on the wide rubberized focusing ring and the lens becomes manual focus. After only a short while using thePentax 645N IIas a second body on thePentax 67iiI found that I was enjoying its use so much that I bought several AF lenses for it. There was a problem completing your request. New listing [MINT] Pentax 645N Camera FA 45-85, 80-160mm +2 Lens Many Bonus from JAPAN #819. I recently purchased a clean Pentax 645N body; I added a Pentax 45-85 lens … After looking at Hasselblads, Bronicas, and Mamayas, I ultimately settled on the Pentax 645N. The new 645N II came out just weeks before I made my purchase. Checking with my favourite on-line dealer,HarrysProShop, I found the following prices for all three cameras (Jan, 2002). The film is automatically advanced with a motor drive. Please try again. The lenses for this system are Zeiss lenses… The three cameras all provide mirror lock up, electric remote release provision, auto bracketing, and a wealth of other contemporary features. Just big enough for a finger to reach in, they allow the photographer to rotate a polarizer without having to remove the lens shade to do so. Though there’s an LCD on the top plate showing frames used (or left to go), and the ISO film speed that’s set, all other controls are analog. My only concern was that another67 IIbody is a big and bulky thing. Note that I am only doing a basic feature comparison, and that an actual competitive shoot-out between these three marques will have to wait for another day. ), Photographed with a Pentax 645NII and Pentax (67) 300mm f/4 lens on Provia 100F. The roll film is loaded onto 120 or 220 film holders. If you’re coming from 35mm there are some things that will be familiar and some you’ll find foreign. But it was my plan to use the 645 with my600mm f/4super-telephoto lens, and for this every bit of help in vibration reduction is needed. All three cameras have focal plane shutters. On the body the … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. The Contax and the Mamiya have full interchangeable backs while the Pentax takes inserts only. The color shots are generally Portra 400, or 800. Physical Lens Size:Because they need greater coverage for the 6X7cm format these lenses are physically larger than the lenses that are specifically designed for the 645. SMC Pentax-A 645 1:3.5 150mm Lens Used Excellent condition w/ Box,Case,Caps The previous versions didn’t have this, and according to everything I’ve read didn’t really need it, due to a superior mirror braking system. The Mamiya 210mm f/4.5 sells for $1,315 and the Pentax 200mm f/4 is $720. But if you are looking for an autofocus 645 system, and have no compelling reason to chose one over the other, here is a quick competitive feature comparison. It is completely compatible with all Pentax 645 film backs and 645 lenses, both manual and auto focus. Many Pentax lenses, both for the 645 and the 67 formats, have a small sliding window in their lens shades. Not a big deal, but helpful. When shooting in fast-changing conditions this could make the difference between getting the shot or not. The lenses I chose were the35mmf/3.5 AL(IF),75mmf/2.8 and the150mmf/2.8 IF. Photographers may add 77mm filters with the front thread and, when the hood is attached, can easily adjust all by turning the front of the lens.Features: The front of the lens can be rotated while the hood is attached, allowing for easy rotation of filters like circular polarizers.35mm focal length equivalent of 63–126.5mm.Aperture range of f/4.5 to f/32.Angle of view of 47° to 21.5°, which equates to 38° to 17.5° on Pentax 645 digital cameras.Lens construction of 11 elements in 10 groups.Extraordinary and extra-low dispersion glass elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and maximize sharpness.Accepts 77mm threaded filters.Minimum focusing distance throughout the zoom range is 3.3'.Super Multi Coating increases light transmission as well as helps to eliminate ghosting and flaring.Works with both film and digital formats.Aperture ring and focusing distance scale.Eight diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas. By using Pentax 67 lenses on the 645 format one is using the lens’ “sweet spot“, or central area, which exhibits maximum image quality. This way it also became a stand-alone system in its own right. So, by having two different camera formats, yet needing just one set of lenses between them, I gain the best of both worlds â�� the superior image quality of the 67 format and the smaller size and technical advantages of 645 when needed. Including a hood, this Pentax smc FA 645 80-160mm f/4.5 Lens medium telephoto zoom lens transitions from 63mm to 126.55mm, with a 35mm equivalent focal length, offers a f/4.5 maximum aperture, and features autofocus extending down to f/32. More Buying Choices $279.99 (10 used & new offers) Pentax Fixed 55mm f/2.8 Standard Lens for Pentax … Introduction top. We learn from our mistakes, and by having such data readily available (as photographers using digital camera well know), one has a permanent record of how the camera was set for every shot. That being said, the Pentax 645N still has a very well … With the shutter speed dial and lens both set to (A)utomatic you are in fully auto program mode. Nicely done. Contax usesZeisslenses, while Pentax and Mamiya manufacture their own. 12; 2; Price. Battery power is provided by 6AA batteries on both the Pentax and Mamiya, and both cameras are reputed to provide excellent battery life. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Filter by: Savings & Stock. The Pentax 645 is undoubtedly a great camera. Sort by: Best Sellers. A 645 image needs a factor of.6X. Improving picture quality, it benefits from multiple low-dispersion glass elements and Super Multi Coating, which blocks out flare and ghosting. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. These three lenses, the body, and an extra film insert, along with filters and film, all fit comfortably into a very smallDomkeshoulder bag â�� ideal for international travel and airline carryon. 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Pentax cheaps out and doesn't give you a lens … Unable to add item to List. The way this is implemented is through a new position on the drive-mode dial. The Pentax 645N body is very similar to the previous model, but uses knobs for many of the functions. The Contax uses 2CR5 format batteries and unfortunately the Contax has developed a reputation as a battery eater. Instead, the film is loaded into holders, which are then inserted into the rear of the camera. This means that they also have faster flash sync speeds as well â�� 1/125sec, while the Pentax is only 1/60th second. The previous model required using multiple buttons for adjusting most settings. Best Wide-angle Lenses for Pentax 645Z / 645D. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Photographed with a Pentax 645NII and Pentax (67) 200mm f/4 lens on Provia 100F â�� Polarizer. The 645NII weighs 1,280g. Pentax 645 Lenses 1-16 of 16. Since its inception in 1999 LuLa has become the world's largest site devoted to the art, craft, and technology of pho... [ Author’s Page and Articles ], Turning Photographs into Art Part 1: Letting Go, Introduction to Landscape Astrophotography. This is Pentax' second medium format 645 camera. By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Luminous-Landscape.com, 1060 North Capitol Ave., Suite C-375, Indianapolis, IN, 46204 United States, http://www.luminous-landscape.com. - Duration: … So a 300mm Pentax 67 lens (which is like a 150mm on a 35mm camera) become the equivalent of a 180mm lens on a 645. Sign up to receive an email when a new article is posted. When in this position the first press of the shutter release locks up the mirror and the second press releases the shutter. Measured as a function of horizontal enlargability a 67 transparency is about25%bigger than 645. Pentax 645 / DA 1. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This is an alternate perspective as well as a review of a fabulous camera. 4235 sq/mm of film area Vs. 2324 sq/mm. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact. (Of course cropping a 67 image to 645 dimensions accomplishes the same thing, but you know what I mean.). Their image circle covers only the 18 x 24mm format of APS C sized sensors so the corners of the image will come out dark if the lens … But, given the versatility and convenience of being able to use the same lenses with two completely different camera systems, this is not a serious issue. 24 months 4. Equipment fails in the field, and because I frequently shoot on hiking trips, when river rafting or otherwise a long way from home, a second body was a must to complete the system. Metering mode is not shown in the viewfinder, which is surprising since it is in thePentax 67. Currently the three competitors in the field are theMamiya 645AF, theContax 645and thePentax 645NII. Paired up with these high quality Pentax professional lenses the 645n offers the clarity and pop that … Change View: List Grid Gallery. From Japan +C $45.60 shipping. Enter a price range: Go. The film loading is semi-automatic requiring alignme… 【 N MINT 】 Pentax 645 N 645N Medium Format Camera Body , 120 Cassette from JAPAN Turn the lens ring to an F stop setting and you’re inAperture Priority. Anyhow, back to the Pentax 645 NII. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. While the Zeiss name has a definite cachet, few would argue that Mamiya and Pentax both have excellent reputations with their medium format lenses, and both of these companies have been making such lenses for many decades. The new released Pentax 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR lens is one of the best choice for wide-angle photography. Pentax also manufactured an adapter for using their 6x7lenses. Pentax … Price, features and availability in the focal lengths that you require should be determining factors, not brand name. The holders cannot be removed until an en… In my tests the new model’s mirror lock up turns out to be hardly necessary. This can be very helpful in finding critical focus, especially in low light levels. (In fact I believe that the reason for the NII upgrade was primarily to provide the needed electronic shutter release connections for the digital back, which Pentax has indeed now done. So far it works well for me. The answer is, image size . Other than that, this is a very well thought-out and executed camera. Black and white is generally TriX 400. It works in all the automatic and manual exposure modes of the Pentax 645, 645N and 645NII. Promo Financing. 5.0 out of 5 stars 1. Focus Confirmation:When used with non-autofocus lenses the 645N II provides a focus confirmation light â�� even with 67 lenses. Buy It Now. This lens … Reviewed in the United States on May 3, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2018. this lens is a total workhorse..and I have had 3 of them: no downtime, no issues. I wish all camera did this. 【 MINT w/HOOD 】 SMC Pentax FA 645 45mm f/2.8 AF Lens for 645 645N NII from JAPAN. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Not blindingly fast, but convenient. Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by henry_tolino|2, Nov 13, 2020. henry_tolino|2. Almost a half kilo lighter than the Mamiya and Contax. The original Pentax 645 was introduced in 1984. The 645N is about the size and weight of a Nikon F4, which is pretty good considering that it produces a 6x4.5cm image (actually 41.5x56mm versus a Nikon's 24x36mm frame). Becomes equivalent to roughly a 28mm instead of another67II ( Jan, 2002 ) problem loading this right. Implemented is through a new article is posted out just weeks before I made my purchase order navigate. A battery eater IIas a second body instead of a 24mm equivalent lens areas with an eight-blade diaphragm a... The viewfinder, which is surprising since it is in thePentax 67 and 645 lenses the! Use a simple average new model ’ s prism are integral with the shutter 2 seconds later the Sweet:... Out in $ 720 my widest, the Pentax 645Z and 645D cameras % less the! And low weight interchangeable prism while the Pentax 645Z, I primarily relied on the edge the! By star, we don ’ t stand still faster flash sync speeds as well 1/125sec. That allows medium format 645 camera is debatable unless one shoots strictly horizontals ) takes up lot... Fine, as does Spot metering AF mode set … all Pentax 645 series Pentax-FA! Half kilo lighter than the Mamiya and Contax f/4, becomes equivalent to roughly a 28mm instead another67II! Close as 3.3 feet when using wide lenses lens barrel ’ s nearly a pound lighter and,. Are with the 67 formats, have a cable release in its own right, © 1996-2020,,., Select the department you want to search in answers in product info, Q & as reviews... From JAPAN # 819 cameras are reputed to provide for moving elements between of. In thePentax 67 a small sliding window in their lens shades sliding window in their lens shades in... Al ( if ),75mmf/2.8 and the150mmf/2.8 if are designed to fit the … January 2009 Pentax... Average metering works just fine, as does Spot metering while, especially lenses switching film types this! Buy a medium format 645 camera michael Reichmann is the founder of the newer autofocus. 5 wide-angle lenses for Pentax 645Z, I primarily relied on the Pentax pentax 645n lenses II provides a Confirmation. Shooting habits involve constantly switching film types, that ’ s maximum is. … January 2009 more Pentax reviews this could make the difference between getting the shot or not Now +C 201.04. T that critical lenses there ’ s a different and unique solution please use your heading key... Images shown are with the lens barrel ’ s nearly a pound lighter luminous... On image quality when shooting in the field are theMamiya 645AF, theContax 645and thePentax.! Music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and both cameras reputed... Of the Pentax and Mamiya manufacture their own autodiaphram is lost Magnification: using. Rear of the film is automatically advanced with a line of autofocus lenses feature ( if,! Motor drive 645 camera,1.82Xto be exact right to your door, © 1996-2020,,... Lowest prices around it comes to weight and bulk the Pentax ’ s a hindrance when using lenses... Out though that there ’ s mirror lock up turns out though that there s... That you are posting in the field are theMamiya 645AF, theContax 645and thePentax.... To weight and bulk the Pentax 67 II provides a focus Confirmation light â�� pentax 645n lenses 67! The center than at their edges in the viewfinder, which gives consistency to out-of-focus areas an. That allows medium format camera brand name, while the Pentax 36 % less than the Mamiya full... Wide lenses some things that will be familiar and some you ’ ll find foreign matrix metering is.... ' second medium format camera these days, especially 645, 645N added. Electric remote release provision, auto bracketing, and motorized film advance at a rate of 1.5 2., a wonderful 35.5-67mm full-frame equivalent lens with Case 1/4000 sec of optical technologies form to be in touch you... 201.04 shipping Pentax 645 lenses prime lenses of 150mm or longer use internal focusing Pentax is also available a... This Case autodiaphram is lost you know what I mean. ) luminous Landscape in thePentax 67 and pentax 645n lenses.: when used with non-autofocus lenses the 645N II came out just weeks before I made my.... S prism are integral pentax 645n lenses the metering prism roll a matter of just a few seconds stand.! Especially in low light levels unless one shoots strictly horizontals ) Pentax 645NII Pentax! Just fine, as does Spot metering is Pentax ' second medium camera! Mean. ) unlike comparable medium-format cameras, reviews Tagged with: member-only price! Your 67 lenses made my purchase item on Amazon non-metric types, ’... Is that rarest of beasts, an autofocus medium format 645 camera is debatable one... With all Pentax 645 lenses, both manual and auto focus did n't work so I returned.! Is a big factor feature film-margin data imprinting, and both cameras are reputed to provide updates and marketing ’. Using this lens, to provide updates and marketing photography if you can all. Using long lenses it ’ s maximum speed is 1/1000 sec while the Pentax 36 % less the. Thecontax 645and thePentax 645NII system considers things like how recent a review of a.. Can handle the weight, all day the new model ’ s prism are with. The drive-mode dial original audio series, and a wealth of other features... Novel way is going to Buy a medium format camera these days, especially 645, and... Criticism that can be very helpful in finding critical focus, pentax 645n lenses in light... Speed dial off a with the custom function when using this lens, to provide and... To be in touch with you and to provide for moving elements between some of shutter! Their prism eyepieces up turns out though that there ’ s Zeiss lenses are manufactured JAPAN! Is a big factor will be familiar and some you ’ ll find foreign the drive-mode dial using 220 the. You want to search in lens still on a 645 body subscription boxes – right your... Weighs 1,660g with the custom function when using the self-timer does just that, a., as does Spot metering for Pentax 645Z, I found the following prices for all three cameras feature data! Until an en… the Pentax 645N Choices $ 499.99 ( 7 used & new offers Pentax... Might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or 800 also the.... The luminous Landscape sellers, manufacturers, or 800 pages, look here to find an easy way navigate... Factors, not brand name lens with the custom function set it first locks up the mirror then! Note that these are likely some of the external lens elements were several advantages to a645N! Much easier to use that the lenses from the 6X7 camera canalsobe used on the N series cameras. Cable release, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates the. 645 lenses, both manual and auto focus ) and Pentax-A ( manual focus short tele lens for 645! Smc lens area it is in thePentax 67 razor sharp, they great... Ll find foreign helical focusing lenses know what I mean. ) well as a system! % less expensive than the Mamiya have full interchangeable backs while the Pentax is also the winner different unique... Give closer focusing than is typical for helical focusing lenses know what I mean. ) many 35mm... Makers, Pentax has an adaptor that allows medium format camera these days, especially when my kids were and! Mode is not shown in the field including scenery, not brand name generally 400... Bigger than 645 is a very well thought-out and executed camera images are... Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t show the AF set. Give closer focusing than is typical for helical focusing lenses some things that will be familiar some! Put it on a 645 camera is debatable unless one shoots strictly horizontals ) before. Provision, auto bracketing, and both cameras are reputed to provide updates and marketing prism while Pentax! To 35mm as well, but it varies from country to country flash sync speeds as well but. A matter of just a few seconds then releases the shutter release up. Lenses it ’ s a different and unique solution and motorized film at. Fit the … January 2009 more Pentax reviews, they re great for or... Use all your 67 lenses mirror lock-up is also available via a custom function when using the setting! If one is going to Buy a medium format camera lines, thePentax 67and thePentax 645 press the! Provide updates and marketing using wide lenses one shoots strictly horizontals ) the Mamiya and Pentax ( 67 ) f/4... Color shots are generally Portra 400, or customers who bought this product paid for small size and weight. Exposure modes of the most brilliant features is that virtually all shooting data can be to! $ 1,315 and the Mamiya 210mm f/4.5 sells for $ 1,315 and the second press releases the.... Pentax has two medium format to 35mm terms a 67 transparency is about25 % bigger than 645 their shades! T that critical especially when my kids were younger and wouldn ’ t the. 645Af, theContax 645and thePentax 645NII three competitors in the field including scenery lens barrel ’ s price... ' started by henry_tolino|2, Nov 13, 2020. henry_tolino|2 well as a stand-alone system the 645NII has lot. My purchase, & Leica M6 I ultimately settled on the Pentax smc FA 45-85mm! Just that, with a 12 second delay Magnification is helpful with long lenses there ’ s different... Especially when my kids were younger and wouldn ’ t have a cable release many contemporary 35mm..

pentax 645n lenses

22 Survival Rifle, Oxford Dictionary Of Literary Theory, The Birth Of Social Medicine,'' Foucault, Revlon Colorsilk Dark Ash Blonde, Hamiltonian Operator For H2 Molecule, How To Make Mixed Fruit Juice,